~ i’ll stand under my own umbrella, thanks ~
this may seem like a post a little ahead of its seasonal time. it’s september, the sun still (pretty much) shines. but if you live in a country where rain is a frequent bedfellow, usually without much warning, this is for you.
for those who aren’t so unlucky, sorry about this. but really, it sucks, so feel free to read on and sympathise.
unless you are as snug as a bug in a rug watching notting hill with your warm beverage and perhaps a box of cheese straws, rain is annoying. which makes umbrellas, by default, also annoying. unless you rock the brolly-as-walking-stick-just-because-you-can look, they can be tricky to integrate into an outfit, and even trickier to manouvre into a handbang.
so, seeing as umbrellas are about to become a permanent feature of our wardrobes over the coming months, below are a few of my favourites that might just get promoted from necessity to must-have.
1. Lulu Street Scene Tiny Umbrella £28.00
2. Fulton Pink Daisy Pagoda Umbrella £35.00
3. Fulton Snakeskin Mini-Lite-2 Umbrella £14.00
4. Mango Polka Dot Umbrella £19.90
5. River Island Animal Print Umbrella £14.99
7. Lulu Guiness Birdcage Umbrella £32.00
8. Fulton Winter Floral Superslim £20.00